We, MESINKIRA SDN BHD (Company Registration No.: 202201001933 (1447630-D) take the privacy of your Personal Data very seriously and are committed to respecting your privacy rights and complying with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and all relevant regulations, standards and guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time pursuant to PDPA.
This Privacy Notice notifies and explains how we, collect, use, process and/or disclose the Personal Data you have provided to us or that we possess about you as well as to assist you in making an informed decision before providing us with any of your Personal Data.
“Personal Data” is defined under the PDPA to mean any information in respect of commercial transactions that relates directly or indirectly to an individual who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of an organization to which an organisation has or is likely to have access.
“Services” is defined as services offered and provisioned by Mesinkira to its customer(s) which includes but not limited to applications (app), software, hardware and any other kind of services offered and provisioned by Mesinkira from time to time. Any reference to “Services” in this Privacy Notice shall mean all the Services or any of them as the context requires.
In pursuance thereto, by providing your Personal Data (as further defined in Item 3 below) to us, you agree and permit us to process your Personal Data in accordance to this Privacy Notice.
- Introduction and Scope of this Privacy Notice
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) and its regulations, this notice is issued to all our valued customer and/or prospective customers. This Privacy Notice will inform you of your rights with regards to your Personal Data that has been and/ or will be, collected and processed by us.
- Collection of Personal Data
2.1 We have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/ or on your behalf in the course of your present or future dealings with us. Your Personal Data enables us to achieve the “Purposes” (as defined in Item 4 herein) that is in connection with our business.
2.2 If you: (a) refuse to provide your Personal Data; or (b) retract your consent for the processing of your Personal Data; or (c) you fail to furnish us with the complete and sufficient Personal Data, we may not be able to proceed, cancel or refuse to serve the Purposes.
2.3 We may collect your Personal Data from any of the manner below which includes but not limited to:
- provision of our Services to you
- your entry of contract(s) with us
- filling of necessary forms and/or documentation
- whenever you communicate with us
- through third parties we deal with or are connected to you whom you have authorized to process your Personal Data (for instance; credit reporting agencies, financial institutions or regulatory and law enforcement agencies)
- participate in our surveys
- recommend new product and or Services either directly from us or from our partners
- commence business relationship
- provide feedback or lodge a complaint with us.
2.4 We will not use or disclose your Personal Data without your prior written consent save and except in accordance to this Privacy Notice and except as permitted or required under any enactment, law, statute or code.
2.5 If the need arises, we will obtain explicit consent from you before or when we process Sensitive Personal Data (as defined in Item 3 below).
2.6 We may process Sensitive Personal Data without your consent only in limited circumstances as permitted by law.
2.7 We do not really collect Personal Data of our visitors to our website unless we require the Personal Data for specific reason and purposes. However, we required our visitors to share their Personal Data on voluntarily basis.
- Description of “Personal Data”.
- Residence address
- Email address;
- Contact details;
- Identity card/Passport no;
- Company details/ name;
- Date of birth;
- Bank account details;
- IP address; and
- Sensitive personal data
“Sensitive Personal Data” comprises information as your physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, commission or alleged commission of any offence or any other Personal Data determined by law.
- Purposes for Collection of Personal Data
4.1 Mesinkira will use your personal data for the following purposes (“Purposes”) including but not limited to:
- to assess and process your application or subscription for our Services, and to verify your identity or assess your creditworthiness in order to provide you with any of our Services;
- to provide you with, administer and manage the Services you have requested;
- for your payment processing of our Services including providing billing to you, maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit/debit card details and facilitating payments of any amount due to us;
- to provide you with necessary support, management of our Services and/or other related Services,
- to deal with any of your inquiries or complaints;
- to establish and maintain a common database of customers and relevant documentation in relation to our customers;
- to process data with outsourced entities both within and outside Malaysia;
- to protect our and/or your data in relation to life, death and/or security, which may be deemed as our and/or your vital interests;
- for the administration of justice;
- to provide you with information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our Services.
- to conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns, behaviours and choices, planning and statistical analysis, including preparation of reports of such analysis and the use of the results of such analysis for various purposes including for the development and marketing of our product and/or Services and/or our selected third parties’ products and/or services;
- to send you public service announcements or seasonal greeting messages either on our own behalf or on behalf of other parties (without disclosure of your personal data);
- to investigate and resolve any issues or disputes you have with us, including to defend claims made against, or otherwise involving us;
- to comply with any legal obligation or court order; for the purpose of preventing or detecting a crime, or for the purpose of investigations
- for the exercise of any functions required or permitted by or under any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities; and/or
- to fulfil any other related or incidental purpose in order to operate, maintain and better manage the provision of our Services to you as well as our business relationship with you.
- Direct Marketing
We may use your Personal Data to provide you with information about:
(i) our Services; and/or
(ii) third party services and/or products,
which may be of interest to or benefit you by way of direct mail, bill inserts, telemarketing, email, MMS, SMS, social media or any other medium of communication to you.
If you do not wish your Personal Data to be utilised for the purposes of marketing you or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, you may contact us or inform us in writing.
Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
If you exercise the opt-out right, you agree that you will miss out all offerings and promotions of our Services and/or third party’s services and/or products.
- Disclosure of personal data (third party)
Any disclosure of your Personal Data processed by us for the purpose(s) shall be as outlined in this Privacy Notice.
The following are the third parties who we may disclose your Personal Data to:
- to companies and organizations that assist us in the performance of our contract with you or providing you with Services that you have requested or subscribed for;
- to companies and organizations for compliance with any legal and/or regulatory obligations to which we are the subject, in addition to any obligation imposed under our contract with the customer;
- to our strategic partners in relation to our business requirements;
- to companies and organizations that act as our payment channels including and without limitation, financial institutions for purposes of maintaining financial records, assessing or verifying credit/debit card details and facilitating payments of any amount due to us;
- to other service providers or third parties nominated by us either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purposes of establishing and maintaining a common database of customers or processing data as an outsourced entity both within and outside Malaysia;
- to companies and organizations that act as our agents or contractors for the purposes of recovering any amount due to us;
- to our professional advisers including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors, on a “need to know” basis;
- to regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies or other government authorities in compliance with requirements under the law or towards the detection or prevention of crime and/or fraud;
- to our subsidiaries and parent company;
- to any party involved in or related to a legal proceeding, for purposes of the proceeding;
- to credit providers or credit reporting agencies or fraud prevention agencies;
- any third party (and its advisers/representatives) in connection with any proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, consolidation, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, funding exercise or asset/share sale relating to all or any portion of our business or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, where your Personal Data will be transferred; and/or
- to any other third party related to or incidental to the performance of our contract with you, the provision of our Services to you, or in respect of maintaining our business or contractual relationship with you.
- Security, Retention & Accuracy of Personal Data
6.1 We are committed to execute prudent steps and to improve processes from time to time to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all Personal Data. This shall include having the appropriate procedural, contractual, organizational and technical steps to protect Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or disclosure.
6.2 Users have the right to request the deletion of their Personal Data, and we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed.
6.3 We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of your information is largely dependent on what you provide us. To ensure that we have your most current and accurate Personal Data, you may contact us to check your Personal Data.
7.2 Cookies may be used to personalise your visit to our Website and to customise our Services to your needs. They contain information about your preferences. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that your web browser transmits to your hard drive or mobile handset to enable our system to recognise your browser. This means that we are able to know information about you when you next visit our Website, such as your IP address.
7.3 Cookies do not reveal your personal identity and are not Personal Data, but if you don’t want cookies to be collected by us, you may reset your browser to prevent cookies or disable cookies entirely. You can still use our Website and WAP Portal even if you choose to disable cookies, however please take notice that areas of certain Websites may not function properly. “Website” is defined as means our official website at www.mesinkira.io and our customer portal: https://app.mesinkira.io/my/users/login or our any other website including our micro site which we use from time to time.
- Access to Personal Data
8.1 You have the right to request for access to personal data processed by us on with reasonable notice. You have the rights to request for amendment and/or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. We may charge you with a prescribed fee for searching and providing you with access to your Personal Data.
8.2 To limit processing of your personal data
Subject to the other provisions in this Privacy Notice, You are entitled to limit our processing of Personal Data by expressly withdrawing the consent given previously, in each case, including for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
8.3 If you wish to access your Personal Data, please contact us via the contact details listed in this Privacy Notice.
8.4 If you have any questions, concerns or complaints in relation to this Notice or our handling of your Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at + 60 19-214 2236 or write to us at the following address:
Mesinkira Sdn Bhd
B1-32-5, Soho Suites@KLCC,
Jalan Perak, 50450
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Attention to: Customer Service Department
- Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. We advise that you check our Website for this Privacy Notice on a regular basis. Kindly view our privacy notice on the Website.
*We are in the process of the translating and providing this Privacy Notice in Bahasa Malaysia as required under section 7(3) of the PDPA. We will upload the same as soon as when we have the translated version of this Privacy Notice.